Monday, March 1, 2010

Training with kids

I have no idea how all the mom's out there find the time to balance all of their home duties with training for any type of enduarance event. My husband is a firefighter, and he works shifts so training can be a tad tricky but I feel it is important enough to my sanity that I find time (pretty much).
I would love to be able to run whenever I want to but sadly, once you have children your priorities must change. This last weekend was a prime example of that.
I knew the Gasparilla Half and full marathons were this weekend. I was very tempted to sign up- knowing that I would be done running well before Ashely had to perform. What I did not know was that I would have runners all over the same convention center taunting ( not really) me every second. My mantra was "my daughter comes first" which is always a dilema for my training.
How do you justify all the hours you spend training away from your family?At this point with the Princess Half only 5 days away, I can still only justify 2 hours once a week and I still feel like I am taking away something from my family. Whether it be just the time spent training or researching products, how much is too much?
Don't get me wrong, I love running! Balancing though isn't a strong suit of mine- so how do you balance??


No comments:

Post a Comment