Thursday, April 30, 2009

Push Yourself

I don't know if I have mentioned my love for excercise or not but I truly do LOVE it. There are a few basic reasons...makes me feel better, makes me stronger...but I also want to set a good example for my kids.


I love the biggest loser, I do, but the contestants make me a little sick sometimes. When I started watching the show I just couldn't believe how these people had given up on themselves and their families by allowing such poor behaviors to take over their lives. How does an 18 year old boy get up to 390 lbs. and then I looked to his father who weighed in at 430 lbs. WHAT?!?!?!


I have already stated my views on Ron but I can not believe how he failed his kids.


Since I have mommy guilt over leaving my kids in a childcare facility while I work out I have daily dates with my best friends Bob and Jillian. I usually do one workout during naptime and another once the kids are in bed. This allows me not to feel guilty about the time I am spending on myself. The biggest loser DVD's are great. I think I own them all and I rotate them so I don't get bored. I also rotate in Jillian's 30 day shred (which totally kick my hiney!) and I am proud to say that I feel awesome. I am also showing my kids that to be healthy you need to push yourself. Push the boundaries that you set up for yourself and believe that you CAN DO IT as long as you are willing to work hard.


I couldn't leave a post with out a pic of my motivation...






No comments:

Post a Comment